As you know, The Leaders Group’s social media policy prohibits use of any social media app outside of LinkedIn and Facebook (business pages only). Each of those apps have completely different types of content that work best, depending on purpose, market, and so forth.
For instance, LinkedIn provides a semi-formal to casual business-centered environment. Facebook provides a social network under various environments, primary being personal (family and friends). As the world’s largest social network, Facebook is being used as a recruiting site and has become a social networking tool on the business side. Having built one of the most robust algorithms and sophisticated analytic-based products, Facebook provides marketing for businesses and is most beneficial to financial professionals when used in the following ways:
- Business page promoting an individual financial professional
- Business page promoting a practice that supports multiple financial professionals
- Lifestyle identification measured by a user’s likes, groups, events and more
- Sociodemographic factors such as age, gender, race, marital status, etc.
- Socioeconomic factors including income and education
- Geodemographics such as geo market with scaling ranging from continent, country, etc. to zip code, neighborhood, etc.
Linked provides a network that supports professional environments, with the primary networking focused on business. With LinkedIn, The Leaders Group allows the use of LinkedIn’s individual and company pages. Your individual page provides your professional profile and serves as a digital résumé, allowing you to connect with colleagues and friends.
What type of content works best?
Native videos, asking questions, storytelling about clients and employees, education, giveaways, and offering a high-value download are listed as the “6 Types of Content that Work Best for LinkedIn Pages”. Here’s an overview of the importance of each:
- Native videos increase engagement and marketability of your content. Decisions can be made based on the information provided in your video. It’s a video that isn’t linked but loaded on to your personal profile and/or business page.
- Asking questions allows you to create the opportunity to engage with clients or to bring up a topic that is frequently asked. The goal is to position you as a resource and topic expert.
- Storytelling not only increases engagement opportunities; it provides a look into your personality and relatability with prospective clients.
- Education as a financial professional is an essential part of meeting with clients and is an essential step in the sales process. Adding basics personal finance education to your social media can help with becoming becoming a topic expert to your audience.
- Giveaways are helpful for increasing followers, must be care to follow all rules outlined The Leaders Group Social Media Policies and Procedures.
- Valuable downloads, like giveaways, can increase followers and must maintain compliant. It also entails creating downloads that are of value to your clients, examples might include free template for creating a will, personal budget, or other items clients regularly need but don’t have the resources readily available.
You also need to consider which content you will create, such as videos and graphics that represent questions, as well as educational items that can be found with online subscription services like our partners, Broadridge Advisor Services, AdvisorStream, FMGSuites, and Leading Response. See our Resources for Financial Professionals page for more information about these and other helpful marketing technology partners.
If you have questions or need feedback about your content, please feel free to contact our marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always here to help!
The Leaders Group Social Media Policies and Procedures
6 Types of Content that Works Best for LinkedIn Pages
What Is Native Video on Linked & Why Is It So Important?
Facebook Live versus Live Video, When is it Best to Upload?
Social Media Storytelling – How To Do It Right?